FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
*U N D E R C O N S T R U C T I O N*
What sketchbook do you use?
My most frequently used sketchbook is a Strathmore Mixed Media sketchbook! I also like Mossery Sketchbooks
- What are your favorite supplies?
- rismacolor Premier Colored Pencils
- Winsor and Newton Watercolors
- Winsor and Newton Ink
- What camera do you use for your videos?
- Sony a5100. I use the kit lens it comes with a 35mm lens.
- What paper do you use for loose drawings?
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper
- Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor Paper
GROWING AS AN ARTIST
How did you develop your style?
I see style as a fluid thing. After tackling my 365 project (drawing everyday for a year) I naturally tuned my art towards a better representation of what I envisioned in my head. I find that what helped me improve as an artist was taking a lot of time to improve my skills in order to create art without too much thinking. 🤷🏻♀️ But really, who knows?
Did you go to school for art?
I transferred art schools one and dropped out twice. NICE! School wasn't for me. There are TONS of benefits of going to art school such as, networking, expensive equipment + supplies, a concentrated community of artist, awesome opportunities outside of your school, among many other things. I wasn't taking advantage of what it had to offer so I decided to spend my money elsewhere and continuing practicing solo. It seems to have worked out fine. :-)